Saturday, November 27, 2010

Racket, a new Scheme

So over this Thanksgiving holiday I took the time to read through some of the Racket documentation, something I've been meaning to do for some time now. Racket, some of you may know, is the newest incarnation of PLT Scheme, the Scheme behind the old DrScheme Scheme IDE. As a LISP aficionado and sometime web developer, I was especially interested in the web server tutorial (found here: http://docs.racket-lang.org/more/), which doesn't take that long to go through and leaves you feeling accomplished with a simple, functional webserver. I personally worked through it and I plan on making it a little more fully featured during my spare time, perhaps even adding some elements of the MVC paradigm. I highly encourage anyone, regardless of their experience with LISP, Scheme, or other functional languages, to check out Racket (racket-lang.org) and broaden their programming horizons.

For another simple server exercise (this one in C), check out my friend Jeremy's blog at http://www.cores2.com/blog/?p=81.

No comments:

Post a Comment